Welcome to PAM 2011!
The organizing committee is
excited to invite you to take part in the 12th Passive and
Active Measurement conference will be held March 20-22, 2011 in
Atlanta at Georgia Tech, in the new Klaus Advanced Computing Building.
The address of the Klaus building is 266 Ferst Dr, Altanta GA 30332.
All PAM talks and presentations will be in room Klaus 1116 E/W.
The keyote talk is by Prof. Nick Feamster of Georgia Tech
College of Computing, entitled
Passive and Active Measurements
at the Network Frontier (The home).
The welcome reception will be on Sunday March 20 from 6:30pm
till 8:00 pm, in the Klaus Atrium. The atrium is just the large
open area in main first floor of the building. Please plan on
attending. We will have wine, beer, and fairly heavy
The banquet will be Monday March 21 at 6:30pm at the
Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center. Exact room location will
PAM2011 focuses on research and practical applications of
network measurement and analysis techniques. The conference's
goal is to provide a forum for current work in its early stages.
Original papers are invited from the research and operations
communities on topics including, but not limited to:
- Active Network Measurements
- Passive Network Measurements
- Performance Metrics
- Traffic Statistics
- Measurement Visualization
- New Measurement Approaches & Techniques
- Deployment of Measurement Infrastructure
- New Measurement Initiatives
- Applications of Network Measurements
- Network Measurements and Security
- Network Troubleshooting using Measurements
- Reproduce (or Refute) Previous Measurement Results
- Abstract Registration: October 2, 2010 23:59pm GMT (UK Time)
- Paper Submission: October 9, 2010 23:59pm GMT (UK Time)
- Conference: March 20-22, 2011
Student Travel Grants
We have a limited amount of funds available for student travel grants.
To apply, please send an email to
with a CC: to
no later than Friday February 18, 2011. Include the following information:
- Location Traveling From
- Estimated Total Travel Costs
- Research Interests
- Advisor's Name
- Accepted Paper Title, if applicable
- Brief Resume
A followup recommendation letter from the student's advisor is helpful,
but not required due to the short timeframe.
Students receiving grants will be notified no later than Friday February 25,
and will be given a check for the grant amount on site at the conference